Getting in touch with the College office
The College Office is located in 120 Claudia Cohen Hall and is open from M-F 9AM-5PM. You can schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with a College advisor by calling the College front desk at 215-898-6341.
10 minute drop-ins are available for quick questions in-person and virtually M-F 12PM-4PM. For in-person drop-ins, come to the College Office in 120 Cohen Hall from 12PM-4PM. For virtual drop-ins, you can schedule using Calendly.
Getting in touch with your advisor
You have a pre-major advisor and a College Contact who can help you with questions. Both are listed on the left-side of your Penn InTouch homepage. Your College Contact is an advisor in the College Office who can answer questions your pre-major advisor cannot, provide a second opinion and provide general advising questions even if you’re a junior or senior.
If you have a declared major, your major advisor is also listed on Penn InTouch.
Contact your advisors by email to discuss their preferred mode for appointment scheduling and meeting.
General Information about the College Office
The College Office serves as home base for all students in the College of Arts and Sciences. It is your hub for administrative needs, academic advising and programming. It is also the office of the Dean of the College.
The College Office:
- Provides professional academic advising by appointment.
- Coordinates programs around course and major exploration.
- Processes graduation applications and audits seniors for graduation. Coordinates the College Graduation Ceremony.
- Coordinates the pre-major and peer advising programs.
- Maintains student records and generates official letters for law school applications and verification of good academic standing.
- Represents the College to prospective students through print and electronic materials and live presentations.
Lauren does a quick tour around the office to introduce you to the deans, academic advisors and staff of the College Office.
College Office Directory
Dr. Steven J. Fluharty, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and Thomas S. Gates, Jr. Professor of Psychology, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience
Dr. Paul D. Sniegowski, Stephen A. Levin Family Dean of the College, Professor of Biology
- Ashley Banks, Administrative Coordinator for Advising
- Dr. Jason Breyan, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Miriam Burwasser, Administrative Assistant
- Angela Carter, Administrative Coordinator
- Gwen Cohen, Associate Director for Admissions and Communications
- Dr. Janice Curington, Assistant Dean for Multicultural Affairs and Advising
- LaTonya Davis, Assistant Director of Course Management and Student Records
- Tracey Dennis-Booker, Administrative Assistant
- Dr. Christopher Donovan, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Rick Dunn, Director of Course Management and Student Records
- Dr. Hocine Fetni, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Shannon Fioravanti, Administrative Coordinator for Graduation
- Dr. Srilata Gangulee, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Kaitlin Irvine, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Stephanie Jones, Administrative Coordinator for Academic Affairs
- Dr. Tanya Jung, Associate Director of Academic Advising and Assistant Dean
- Ellen Liebman, Associate Director of Administration
- Dr. Deirdre Martinez, Executive Director, Penn in Washington
- Ted Marvel, Senior Programmer/Analyst
- Dr. Niel McDowell, Associate Director of Academic Advising and Assistant Dean
- Dr. Molly McGlone, Associate Dean and Director of Academic Affairs
- Dr. Judith McKee, Director of Administration
- Rupert Neish II, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Dr. Douglas Paletta, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Dr. Wally Pansing, Associate Director of Academic Advising and Assistant Dean
- Dr. Rebecca Poyourow, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Nafisah Ray, Assistant to the Dean
- Rebecca Schept, Assistant Director of Academic Services and Advising Support and Senior Case and Data Manager
- Dr. Janet Tighe, Dean of First-Year Students and Director of Academic Advising
- Dr. Carolyn Ureña, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Danielle Venit, Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Sue Weber, Associate Director of Communication Within the Curriculum (CWiC)