Getting in touch with your advisor
You have a pre-major advisor and a College Contact who can help you with questions. Both are listed on the left-side of your Penn InTouch homepage. Your College Contact is an advisor in the College Office who can answer questions your pre-major advisor cannot, provide a second opinion and provide general advising questions even if you’re a junior or senior.
If you have a declared major, your major advisor is also listed on Penn InTouch.
Your advisor is available by email. Advisors are willing to speak by phone or make arrangements to connect through Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom or other online platforms for appointments. You can make an appointment by emailing your advisor directly.
General Information about the College Office
The College Office serves as home base for all students in the College of Arts and Sciences. It is your hub for administrative needs, academic advising and programming. It is also the office of the Dean of the College.
The College Office:
- Provides professional academic advising by appointment.
- Coordinates programs around course and major exploration.
- Processes graduation applications and audits seniors for graduation. Coordinates the College Graduation Ceremony.
- Coordinates the pre-major and peer advising programs.
- Maintains student records and generates official letters for law school applications and verification of good academic standing.
- Represents the College to prospective students through print and electronic materials and live presentations.
Lauren does a quick tour around the office to introduce you to the deans, academic advisors and staff of the College Office.
The College Office
120 Cohen Hall, 249 South 36th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6304
College Office Directory
Dr. Steven J. Fluharty, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and Thomas S. Gates, Jr. Professor of Psychology, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience
Dr. Paul D. Sniegowski, Stephen A. Levin Family Dean of the College, Professor of Biology
- Ashley Banks, Administrative Coordinator for Advising
- Dr. Jason Breyan, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Miriam Burwasser, Administrative Assistant
- Angela Carter, Administrative Coordinator
- Gwen Cohen, Associate Director for Admissions and Communications
- Dr. Janice Curington, Assistant Dean for Multicultural Affairs and Advising
- LaTonya Davis, Assistant Director of Course Management and Student Records
- Tracey Dennis-Booker, Administrative Assistant
- Rick Dunn, Director of Course Management and Student Records
- Dr. Angie Estévez, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Dr. Hocine Fetni, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Shannon Fioravanti, Administrative Coordinator for Graduation
- Dr. Srilata Gangulee, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Stephanie Jones, Administrative Coordinator for Academic Affairs
- Dr. Tanya Jung, Associate Director of Academic Advising and Assistant Dean
- Grace Kim, Administrative Coordinator
- Ellen Liebman, Associate Director of Administration
- Jessica MacLeod, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Dr. Deirdre Martinez, Executive Director, Penn in Washington
- Ted Marvel, Senior Programmer/Analyst
- Dr. Niel McDowell, Associate Director of Academic Advising and Assistant Dean
- Dr. Molly McGlone, Associate Director and Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
- Dr. Judith McKee, Director of Administration
- Rupert Neish II, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Dr. Douglas Paletta, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Dr. Wally Pansing, Associate Director of Academic Advising and Assistant Dean
- Dr. Kent Peterman, Associate Dean of the College and Director of Academic Affairs
- Dr. Rebecca Poyourow, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Rebecca Schept, Assistant Director of Advising Services and Academic Support
- Margaret Mary Thomas, Assistant to the Dean
- Dr. Janet Tighe, Dean of First-Year Students and Director of Academic Advising
- Dr. Carolyn Ureña, Assistant Dean for Advising
- Danielle Venit, Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Sue Weber, Associate Director of Communication Within the Curriculum (CWiC)
- Barbara Woodford, Administrative Assistant for Reception