Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the travel grant program to support students attending academic conferences to present their research has been suspended until further notice.
Travel Grants support College students who wish to present their research at scholarly meetings off campus and may be used to defray the cost of travel and/or conference registration fees to participate in an academic conference.
Grants may be awarded to College students who are presenting a research paper or a poster, mentored by a faculty member, at a scholarly meeting. The fund will provide grants of up to $500. Students may apply for one travel grant per academic year. Graduating seniors are eligible for funding if their research will be presented at an academic conference before they graduate.
Application, Selection and Reimbursement
The deadlines for submissions of application materials are September 20, November 1, February 1 or May 1. A committee will review the applications and inform selected students by October 1, November 15, February 15 or May 15 depending on the submission cycle.
To apply for a grant:
- Print and complete the application form.
- Complete a one-page proposal outlining the nature of the conference, the level of participation and the nature of your paper (if applicable).
- Obtain a letter of support from the undergraduate chair or program director of your major.
- Submit the material above before the application deadline to:
Ms. Tracey Dennis-Booker, firstname.lastname@example.org
The College Office, University of Pennsylvania
120 Cohen Hall, 249 South 36th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6304
- Travel claims must be submitted within 30 days of a student's return.
- Your award letter will include details about reimbursement.