Students may submit an application for internal transfer into the College during the application period for each semester (April 1 to May 15 for the fall and November 1 to December 15 for the spring).
Policies Governing Transfer Within the University
Students who wish to apply for an internal transfer between any of the four undergraduate schools should attend an information session or speak with an advisor in the school to which they are applying. Applicants should be prepared to discuss why the curriculum of the target school is a good fit for their academic interests and goals.
- Students are not eligible for transfer until they have completed 8 c.u. (or two semesters, whichever comes later) at Penn.
- Applications for internal transfer will not normally be considered after the end of the sophomore year.
- Students applying for internal transfer must be in good academic standing in their home school and should have no NR's or I's on their record.
- Internal transfers to any of Penn's undergraduate schools or divisions are not eligible to transfer again within the University.
- External transfers admitted to any of Penn's undergraduate schools or divisions are not eligible to transfer again within the University.
- Students in Penn's College of Liberal and Professional Studies are not eligible to apply for an internal transfer into the College of Arts and Sciences.
Students with questions about transferring into the College should make an appointment to speak with Dr. Rebecca Poyourow.
Transfer into the Wharton School
Students should be aware that there are specific eligibility requirements for those wishing to transfer into the Wharton School and that the process is very competitive.