Policies Governing Transfer Within the University
The application for internal transfer into the College is now closed
The application for the spring 2019 semester will open on November 1, 2018.
Students who wish to apply for an internal transfer between any of the four undergraduate schools should meet with an advisor in their home school as well as an advisor of the school they wish to enter. Applicants should be prepared to discuss why the curriculum of the school to which they are applying for transfer is a good fit for their academic interests and goals.
- Students are not eligible for transfer until they have completed 8 c.u. (or two semesters, whichever comes later) at Penn.
- Applications for internal transfer will not normally be considered after the end of the sophomore year.
- Students applying for internal transfer must be in good academic standing in their home school and should have no NR's, GR's or I's on their record.
- Internal transfers to any of Penn's undergraduate schools or divisions are not eligible to transfer again within the University.
- External transfers admitted to any of Penn's undergraduate schools or divisions are not eligible to transfer again within the University.
- Students in Penn's College of Liberal and Professional Studies are not eligible to apply for an internal transfer into the College of Arts and Sciences.
Students with questions about transferring into the College should call 215.898.6341 and make an appointment to speak with Dr. Niel McDowell.
Transfer into the Wharton School
Students should be aware that there are specific eligibility requirements for those wishing to transfer into the Wharton School and that the process is very competitive. Students who transfer to the College with junior standing, whether they are internal or external transfers, may not apply for a dual degree with Wharton.