Applying to Transfer to Another University

College of Arts and Sciences students who are applying to transfer to another college or university may submit the Common Application's “College Report” (“CR”) form to the College Office if their application requires it.

Students should pay careful attention to the guidelines below:

  • Fill out the top portion of the College Report form, which includes personal information, courses completed or enrolled in during the current academic year, and permission for release of information with signature and date. Be advised that omission of this information may delay processing.
  • Email the form, with top portion completed, to Ms. Tracey Dennis-Booker at Be sure to include appropriate information (i.e. email address) for each school to which the form should be sent. Indicate as well what the deadlines are for each copy of the form.
  • Please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing. Forms submitted less than two weeks before the deadline may not reach the other school in time.
  • It is the responsibility of the student to request that official transcripts be sent directly to the colleges the student is applying to. This is done using Path@Penn. The College Office cannot be responsible for the sending of transcripts.

The form will be signed by Dr. Niel McDowell, Associate Director of Academic Advising.

Students should be aware that the College will use this form solely to report a student’s academic and disciplinary standing. Since the College does not rank its students, no ranking will be provided. This is also not a personal recommendation form; students who need a letter of recommendation should speak with their instructors or advisors.