Phi Beta Kappa awards several prizes for outstanding scholarship.
- Students are not required to be members of Phi Beta Kappa to submit an entry.
- Entries may be submitted for consideration by faculty or by student authors.
- All submissions should be handed to the receptionist in the College Office, 120 Cohen Hall, by the last day of class in the spring semester.
- The competition will be conducted by the Executive Committee and Electorial Board of Phi Beta Kappa, with judging by ad hoc committees.
The Frederick W. Meier Jr. Thesis Prize $1,000
Four Phi Beta Kappa Thesis Prizes $1,000 each
- A written evaluation by the thesis advisor must be included with the nomination.
- Students must submit two (2) copies of their thesis for review.
- Students or faculty may nominate a thesis, which must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement by a faculty advisor.
The Elmaleh Prize for an Undergraduate Essay in the Social Sciences $150
The Humanities Prize for an Undergraduate Essay in the Humanities $150
- Essays can not be senior theses
For further information, contact Dr. Janet Tighe, 120 Cohen Hall, 215.898.6341, email@example.com.