Dropped from the Rolls

Students may be dropped from the University rolls by the Committee on Undergraduate Academic Standing if:

Students who have been dropped from the rolls are required to take a year away from Penn. They may not receive credit at Penn for courses taken at another institution during the term of the Drop.

Students who have been dropped will be eligible to apply for readmission after one full calendar year; a second drop is permanent.

Note that a Drop supersedes any previously granted leave of absence. Students who have requested a leave of absence for a given semester may still be dropped if their previous term's grades qualify them for the action.

When a student is dropped from the rolls, the action is posted to the transcript and their PennCard is deactivated.

checklist: before leaving

While Away Checklist: Return from Drop