All College students are expected to declare a major by the spring of sophomore year.
When students are ready to declare their major, they should:
- Check the major department or program website in which they wish to declare for information about the process.
- Students should note that some departments and programs may require a meeting in order to complete the major declaration process.
- Complete the Declare/Update Field of Study form in Path@Penn.
School of Engineering second majors
- SEAS students who would like to declare a second major in the College of Arts and Sciences should contact the relevant SAS department and follow the department's procedure for declaring a major.
- Students in the College who would like to declare a second major in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences should read further.