All College students are expected to declare a major by the spring of sophomore year.
When students are ready to declare their major, they should:
- Make time to meet with a representative of the major department or program in which they wish to declare.
- Look at that department or program's website, as many of them provide instructions on how and whom to contact for major declaration.
- Students should note that some departments and programs require more than one meeting in order to complete the major declaration process, so they should be sure to follow all the instructions completely.
School of Engineering second majors
- SEAS students who would like to declare a second major in the College of Arts and Sciences should contact the relevant SAS department and follow the department's procedure for declaring a major.
- Students in the College who would like to declare a second major in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences should read further.